Each new year brings the opportunity to start fresh, clean things out, change your attitude, organize, and get ahead. However, how many of you still feel behind the eight ball? Still haven't gotten to those important projects? Still struggling to set your resolutions?
It's time! It's time to get into action, to stop procrastinating, and start activating the life you love. Too many salon and spa professionals are walking around in a fog, not knowing why they are busy and yet not getting ahead, not knowing why they can't seem to get caught up and yet wondering why they are still not happy. Too many of us have things piling up on our plates with no end in sight. The only one that can clear the plate is you and it's going to take commitment and doing something different. You know the saying, "If you keep doing what you are doing, you'll keep getting what you are getting." Now is the time to try a new way of working, of communicating, and of getting into action. Here are six simple steps to help you with the process.
1) Get a calendar and block out an ideal schedule for yourself that includes: a. Office Time b. Family Time c. Salon/Spa Time d. Exercise/Health Time e. Spiritual Time f. Personal Time
2) Each week, plan your time so that you fit in the things that make your life work. You have no problem moving your life around to fit in clients, why not begin moving your life around to fit you as well?
3) Make a list of all the projects you want to accomplish within the next 30 to 90 days and create a timeline for completion. These could be small things (return unwanted holiday gifts) to big (submit my application for NAHA.)
4) Every morning before beginning your day, fill out some sort of daily scheduler to get you focused and organized for the day. If you need help setting these goals and sticking to them, use our goal-tracking journal to keep you focused. For creative people, this can be your biggest challenge. Trust me, you can make it fun and it works.
Not Licensed To Fail: A Growth Journal For Beauty Professionals
5) Over the next several weeks, pick one day to clean your house, your car, your office, and your salon. Get organized. If you haven't used it, seen it, touched it, or remembered that you had it—pitch it. You don't need it and it is cluttering your life.
6) Let go. Stop being a martyr. Clean out your personal house; get rid of what doesn't work for you and start doing things that light you up. Sometimes this means making some life changes and listening to the whisper in your gut. It won't be easy but I guarantee once you start living your life for you, you will find freedom, power, and magic all around you. You will be happier, healthier, and wealthier. You will be a shining example of what is possible when you truly honor yourself and do what you need to do for you.
The first step is the most difficult. You know it needs to be done so just do it. Part of having a successful new year is realizing that we have complete control over our plan and that success. If we want something, we need to go get it. Here’s to you and a new year filled with amazing accomplishments.
Photo: Shutterstock | Hannah Green
4 Must-Haves For Your Business' Instagram Account
Shearious Question: Building (And Keeping) A Customer Base
Skin & Esthetics
For Future Professionals
Textbooks & Materials
State Board Practice Tests
Continuing Education (CE) Classes
Advertise with Us