Soft skills are anything but "soft;" they can make or break anyone’s career in the beauty industry and often take years of practice to master. Utilizing data from O*NET and the Department of Labor, beauty schools, and employers, we researched existing job openings to find the most sought-after skills in our industry. Want to know what employers are looking for? Here are the top 7 skills needed to succeed in our industry whether you're looking for a new job or to open your own salon or spa.
Up to 80% of your financial success is based on how well you communicate and the experience that a guest has with you. The other 20% of your financial success is based on your technical ability. What that means is that you have more opportunities to earn a better living and live a better life by focusing on developing your soft skills than you would if you focused only on your technical skills.
Not sure what skills your next career move requires? Take our beauty career quiz to see what it takes to have your dream role.
Photo: Shutterstock | Andrii Kobryn
In this post, we showed how soft and business skills can help you retain clients and reach your professional goals faster. Here are two tools that can help you build these important skills:
Customer Service For Beauty Professionals Online ClassIn a recent study we conducted, hundreds of beauty professionals listed customer retention as the most important contributing factor to their success. Retaining clients starts with great customer service.
Goal Setting Basics Online ClassIt's always a good time to re-evaluate your goals. Don't know where to start? This easy-to-use online class helps you master the basics of goal setting.
Michelle Campbell is the Content Marketing Specialist for MiladyPro.
Skin & Esthetics
For Future Professionals
Textbooks & Materials
State Board Practice Tests
Continuing Education (CE) Classes
Advertise with Us